Man ‘unaware’ of nail lodged in skull after an accident in home

ImageA man who had a 8 cm-long nail embedded in his skull after a home improvement accident had no idea until doctors carried out a CT scan. This featured health news published in all media in china

The 55-year-old Chinese man, named by local media as Mr Yang, was using a cutting machine when the accident happened.

“The nail that got stuck in the cutting machine flew out when I turned on the machine. It ripped into my head and left a small hole on the skin,” Mr Yang told the Sky News.

Not realising the nail had embedded Mr Yang went on with his day. But after he got sick he went to doctors who discovered the nail had penetrated his eye socket.

Neurosurgeons at the hospital in Nanjing, in China’s Jiangsu province, operated on the Mr Yang to remove the nail.

Mr Yang’s story is not the first time such a thing has happened in China. According to the Shanghaiist, a man in Chengdu province had a chopstick lodged into his cranium for nine months without noticing.

Read More 

Source: news.nom

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s